Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Father's Day card

Hello Everyone,
Thought I'd pop onto my blog and show you the only Father's Day card I needed to make this year.
When I saw this image from Sugar Pea Designs, I couldn't resist. I jumped on Pinterest to get inspiration from my 'Just the sketch" board. I used my new Tim Holtz oxide distress ink pads to color the fossilized amber diecut mat. These pads are freakin' awesome. If you use a MISTI, you can use them to stamp sentiments. I'm on a quest to get my ink pad numbers to a reasonable number --- say 50 or so. You don't want to know how many I have now. I can purge some older inkpads that don't allow you to use watercolors and/or copics.

So here's my card.


Isn't he just the most adorable? His weight has sparkly Wink of Stella in silver on it. The sentiment is from a tiny set from Technique Tuesday. My son-in-law is a lay pastor at our church, and always says, "That's how I roll." I used Prima Julie Nutting watercolor pencils for hair and skin tones. These pencils are proving to be very useful. My SIL is bald, so I only had to color skin...yippie, not my fave body part to color. Everything else on this card is from my stash.

I am entering my card here Tuesday Throwdown, For the Men.

Let's see your Father's Day cards. We all know we don't have enough masculine cares in our stashes.


Blessings,
Erifca


1 comment:

Gail said...

Howdy Erica- Jesus is my Rock TOO Thank you for linking up your fathers day card - which I think is super duper cool - to Tuesday Throwdown for the Men Challenge - I wish you the best in the draw - have a blessed day. Gail Scott DT ~ http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/