Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Get Creative Challenges no. 8, Use Red, White & Pink

Hi Friends,

Our weather is so lovely this week and I'm squeezing in lots of walking trying to get to to the "required fit" number of 10,000 steps. It ain't easy for me. Our family's 9 mo. old 125 lb. Great Dane is great (pun intended) incentive.



The team at Get Creative Challenges is in the Valentine's Day mode with rules asking for the typical "love" colors. We've all been gifted with a digi from our sponsor,  Lacy Sunshine. Since I love frogs, I picked this one. In AZ, we have several hot-air balloon shows yearly. Have you ever been near one of these babies? Roaring fires start them and they're huge and colorful. I've tried to achieve that in my coloring. I usually use copics, but I have about three lonely sets of various brand color pencils, so I picked my Faber Castell Aquarelle set and smoothed the color with the gamsol technique. It's not as vibrant as copics, but I'm pleased with the affect.

Other items I used are papers from My Mind's Eye, sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Birthday Tags and the banners are from a set by Heidi Swapp. I used a red wink of stella pen on the bow's heart, but photos don't show this sparkly coloring. I used the "out of the box" technique to cut so that the balloon would be outside of the circle. It was done with a Spellbinder's circle die. I absolutely love this technique. A little bling in the corner and my challenge card is done.

I'm getting lots of practice with this challenge team on how to use digitals for stamping and it's a good thing. I've truly run out of room for stamps...even photopolymer/clear ones/unmounted, etc. I love that the size of the image can be changed to suit your card size or just some design ideas you may have in your head. The challenge winner will get a few images of their very own to play with.

Won't you join us. Our challenge runs for 12 more days.

Blessings, Erica

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Oh wow Erica this card is very pretty xx