Monday, October 8, 2012

Besides Halloween...and More Importantly

 Hello Stampers,

I don't do Halloween and it's not only World Card-making Day. As I mentioned yesterday, thankfullness is more important to me right now. I know there are millions of women in the world who are thankful they have are in remission, though, Praise God, I am not one of them. I empathize with each women who has this story and I never tire of listening if they choose to bless me with hearing it. So, I plan to honor them always.

Here is my card. It's not for World Card-Making Day, but I bought this set last year and I think it says it all.

For the base, I used SU's melon mambo...such a bright pink, huh?  A square of  SU dsp is used inside the framed mat which is die cut with a Cheery Lyn Japanese Lace and Floral frame. Gee, these dies give me a fit. I use waxed paper, run them trough my Fiskars Fuse at least 10 times, backwards and forwards. Then I turn them around a quarter turn, and then and only then, will I get a clean cut. At that point, I have to use special tools that really look like dental probes, to get each of the tiny cut pieces. I tell you, if I didn't love the finished product so much, I'd just use a Nestie and call it a day.
OK, so then I did use Nesties diecuts for the ovals and the tag. The bra is stamped in SU's pixie pink and the sentiment in Memento tuxedo black. The stamp set is Clear Art Stamps, "Support the Girls". Lots of pink pearl bling finishes the card.

So are you doing the "Walk for the Cure" or donating $$$ and time? Or are you in the position where you are part of a support system to families in need? Whatever it is, I sulute you.

Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Hi Erica, Your card is gorgeous and great for this course truly lovely!! x