Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm Back!!!

 Wow! It's just about a month since I've posted. Time truly got away from me. I've been home close to two weeks, but happily doing everything but making cards. Lots of baking...zucchini bread, shortbread, peach pie, oh my. Some visiting, and lots of blog hopping. I've also been doing a bit of organizing in my craftroom...just a little...and hunting through various resources trying to get an idea of how I want to build-out my new craftroom. I'm so glad I never finished the one I have now. It has served  as a stepping stone to the way it needs to be.

On to my card. I have a stamping friend who is under the weather and must undergo a battery of tests in the coming weeks, so I'm sending this to her. I've made a card base that is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4. using Gina K's heavyweight cs. The dsp is SU. The lace, ribbons, bling is from my stash. I was excited to use the image which is actually an SU bg stamp called Pleasant Poppies that I used my Nestie to cut-down, and the sentiment is from SU's Blessings from Heaven. Both are from the current catty. I see lots of use with the bg stamp. I am so tempted to color the pretty flowers in other than red, but I think poppies only bloom red. I used my copics for coloring and my rotten photo skills don't do it justice.

I have a few card set requests to do. Just before I left for CA...where I had a great time with family...I made 38 all occasion cards and didn't take photos of any. DUH!

Have a great week.

Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Janine said...

Hi Erica! Loving your work!! Glad you are back... Me too ... I have been away from blogging for some time..

Sandra H said...

Hi Erica, So lovely to see your back and your card is just so beautiful lovely layout and image, take care x