Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Semi Home-Made



Have you ever watched the Food TV show called Semi-Homemade? Well, that's what this card is legionnaires. I took a card out of the My Mind's Eye "Out & About" box and added the MS fence punched border, the EK Success label punched from another of the cards and an MS butterfly punched from yet another of the cards, so that everything would color match. I then sponged the card edges lightly with a close color....Ranger Distress fired brick ink pad, as well as the fence. Voila, I'd say. Me likey. Super simple.

If you have never thought about purchasing these pre-made cards, I assure you they can come in handy. You can do as much or as little as you'd like to make them your own. They come with envies, which are a decent qualilty paper, and cost $10 for 50 cards. What a steal, huh? I have found Christmas themed boxes as well. I got mine at Michaels with a 40% coupon. So I really did almost steal them. Even if y0u don't use them for anything except matting, you still have the envies to use for your own work.

Hugs & Blessings,
Erica
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

What a great idea! I love your "semi-homemade" card and I love the things that you did to alter it. Really made a beautiful card! It was so good to see you on my blog! Thanks for visiting me. Best, Curt

Janine said...

What a great job Erica!! Love it!
Hope all is well with you!!