Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The First of the Valentines Cards


Blogger is going to sleep and I'm not there yet, so why should it be. I wrote a lengthy blog which is now in never never land, so since it's 3ish (AM!!), this one is brief. I'm makin a few simple cards and then 4 or 5 more elaborate. This stamp set is SU's "For a Friend," a hostess set from a year or two ago. I added a swiss dot ribbon and a crystal heart I found some time ago. Shoulda' got more of these. I used Papertrey's white...love that c.s. Hmmm, hard to believe that when I started out stamping I used Walmart's Pacific white and thought it was great. Groan! What a long way I've come in understanding the machinations (is that a good word) of paper.
Hope you don't mind all the busy-ness around the photo...I rather like it...shows I'm really creative (or, just plain messy).
Thanks for visiting me today. Come back tomorrow for more elaborate cutsy card.

Erica

2 comments:

Macchiato Gurl said...

Hi, I found your blog through Marlene. I really like this simple and nice card of yours. I recently started stamping too. Feel free to drop by :) www.shera-border.blogspot.com

Macchiato Gurl said...

Bout the "busy-ness", the same thing happens to me everytime I make cards. Haha. But it's fun that way.