Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My MoJo is Workin'






The guests are gone and I'm in a bad way...gotta do some stampin and postin. Here I tried the Clean & Simple technique. There is a blog by that name and I will link it down the line. Here it is http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/

The next 6 cards are white and they don't scan very well...there are always shadows, but you'll get the idea ( I hope). I'm still working on how to post from my camera. Sometimes I get it right and most times I just don't. I took this one outdoors with a cheapie mesh placement for the backdrop. I made these as a Christmas present for my grandson's teacher. I used Papertrey's Basic White for the base and ribbon for this one along with a retired SU set that I've always enjoyed. The bottom is dry-embossed with a Cuttlebug folder "strip" and the coloring was a mixed bag of SU markers, Bic markers and Sharpies. I think I own some of every coloring medium known to
man. Unfortunately, I'm a master of none. I'm looking forward to when Marianne from Copic http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/ visits the AZ Valley...she's scheduled in April '09.


On this card, I used a Michael's dollar stamp and a flower & sequin from JoAnns. Sometimes those $ stamps work and sometimes not. I find that the wood mounted ones are better made and therefore, work best for me. I own about 25 sets of the clear ones but find I don't often use them. I used my Nesties also. BTW, Julie HRR, http://papertrufflez.typepad.com/ is a super duper inspiration too. If you follow her blog, you'll recognize a card from she did this week that I've CASED. I think she's prolly on more blogs faves lists than anyone else!

So much to learn and soooo little time.
On the 3rd, I kept it real simple and believe me, I wanted to add more. Don't know if the scan is showing
score lines at the top (1 line) and bottom (2 scores), but they really set the card off. Again a $ dollar wood mounted stamp. I also put a little something inside each card...tiny flowers or leaves. I plan on decorating the envies too. Then I will make a box from one of the many templates on SU to hold them. I will post the rest later today. I've been at the PC for 6 hrs. and I gotta go shopping. It's senior grocery day here in Phoenix and we get a 10% discount. I know, it's not much but it offsets our high tax-rate of 8.25%.
OK, laptop must be tired...you're not gettin' the 3rd one right now. My poor baby is acting up and I really must get outta these PJs.
Have a blessed day everyone.
Erica

No comments: