Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm having a great week....how 'bout you?




I babysat my 2 grands practically 24/7 last week and was out of sorts because I didn't get to stamp. I have so many projects going on right now. I can't show them to you....not because some fab company is publishing me, or because I've been asked to be a guest designer, Ha Ha. Nope, cause I still can't upload from my digital camera w/o taking 4ever to figure it all out. So what you see is scanned and that eliminates some items that I'm rather proud of. But, if you keep pestering me and throwing compliments at me on what you do see, why I might just be spurred on to master it.

So, what am I making? Monthly calendar pages from http://amusenews@typepad.com for cd jewel cases. They have them too, very reasonably priced. I am making 14 for the ladies who I attend Bible Study class with. And Lauren Meader has joined Papertrey Ink and offers the most awesome templates that can be printed out on 8 1/2 x 11 ds or cardstock and then made into boxes which can then hold just anything you can think of. She gives you pages & pages of project sheets to get your mojo working. She also has created a cover that you can put your cd jewel case into. They are $5.00 each. But you can download them and then print them for the rest of your life. How's that for not having to worry about where your put that paper with template on it. So I am going to make them for my calendars and 12 of the boxes for my daughter to put "stocking stuffer" type stuff into for her office buds. Everything is coming out so beautiful. If you are thinking of any 3D projects for the holidays, I urge to get both. BTW, she will be giving us more of thes. I also made a cute little crossover box from Nichole Heady's blog.

I am not going to put links here, since so few bloggers are falling all over themselves trying to post comments and I struggle with links anyway. But if anyone needs me to, I will. However, I suspect that Lauren is well-known via SCS. She is unbelieveably talented and so young and pretty.
Well without further ado, here are two cards that I made when I need a break from my boxes, etc. I hope you like them. Mild criticism is appreciated. That cute little gal is an image I got in a swap. Used my cb folder, Nestibilities (luv them so) and new SU paper, some cute Michaels $ ribbon & Copics to color.
The second one used SU retired ds paper, SU stamp setNestibilities, a CB border, tiny pearls for the centers of the flowers and satin I got in a ribbon share.
Now remember, for those of you clamoring (sp?) to CASE my cards, just leave me a comment if you need more deets.

Hugs, Erica

No comments: