Sunday, November 2, 2014

Let's get those Christmas Cards Going

Good afternoon.

It's finally turning chilly here in Arizona. We will go no higher than 72 degrees today. Sweater weather, right? I know, the rest of the states are laughing at us. Seriously, I don't function in anything lower than 50 these days. I never want to see and/or feel those east coast days again.

On to my card. I decided to hunt for some challenges and found this one, Festive Friday.
I decided to enter this card. It's a 6x6 card which is a very unusual size for me, I recently splurged and purchased a British magazine from Barnes & Noble. It was quite pricy, but several British craft magazines include goodies all packaged up in good quality plastic. Cardmaking & Papercraft, October no. 28, had an embossing folder and papers and stamps. The price was totally worth it when you think about it. A folder this size can cost around $9.00. A sramp set such as the one included can cost $10.00. There you have it,

To round out my card, and make it totally Christmas, I added a die cut from CheeryLynn Designs, one that incorporates the words into the wreath, yet can be used with or without them. I aded a miniature ornament from my stash, as well as a ribbon. I am not sure I love this wreath. It is large which I do like, but rather skimpy. I think the next time, I will cut three of them and then overlap slightly askew to give it more dimension.

I'm going to keep dinner simple and probably skip my treadmill routine so that I can make cards all day. I'm planning posting a YouTube video of a haul I made yesterday at a semi-annual Convention held in a nearby town. It's huge. I'll link it up in my next post.

Hope you get to stamp today too.

Blessings,
Erica


7 comments:

Joan B said...

this is gorgeous!!!

Ardyth said...

I have that die - you've made it look so elegant with the big bow and dry embossing! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Kim M said...

Gorgeous card! Love the embossing! Thanks for joining us over at Festive Friday! :-)

Sandra H said...

Gosh this is truly beautiful so elegant Erica with the gorgeous embossed background and the beautiful wreath xx

Joyce J. said...

Elegant! Simply Elegant!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how pretty....love the embossed frame....

Anita in France said...

How elegant, Erica ... the crisp red and green against the white are just gorgeous ... and I love that sweet little ornament! Thanks so much for popping by and leaving me some sweet words! Anita :)