Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cards...cards...cards

I have been on such a roll with cards (and boxes) lately. I'm not getting any housework other than the basics done, nor am I reading as much, nor watching TV, nor cooking as much. But I do the laundry, clean a bathroom now & then, am reading "The Shack,", (hmmm, interesting thoughtful and provoking), baking some cookies from a recipe book I haven't touched for 20 years, being sure to not miss one single episode of 24 and Idol, and doing my Bible reading and study...so I guess I am getting something done. Tomorrow, a friend and I plan on getting our granddaughters together to take pics in that field of wildflowers I posted 2 posts back. I'm hoping they are still nearly as vibrant as they were then.

So...here is my Easter card for my swap gals. I love this cheery duck. he comes from a clear set, called "Perfectly Clear Stamps Clearly Better." The set is actually themed for get well cards. I thought this duck could easily multi-task with the right stuff. I used my Nestibilities and my Paper-Kutz (for the scallop circle and Coluzzle (ugh, I have only one blade left...this is so much my go-to circle maker) SU's punches used for the saying. I completely colored with Copics. WHEN IS MARIANNE COMING TO PHOENIX??? Don't know if it shows, but I cuttlebuged one of the SU punch layers with swiss dots. A cute ds paper, a flower, sparkle and ribbon round it out.

The card which I think is appearing first is Sophia Ballerina, a new release from http://www.paperpretties.net/ Isn't she adorable? I joined their monthly stamp club. Didn't realize they were based in Canada. I had to check out the gallery for coloring tips. I struggled a bit and hope I've achieved something of how she should look. The paper I used to stamp the image is from Paper Temptress. For deets, you'll need to comment, as I cleaned my stamping room and will have to do a little research to find out the name. In other words, stuff is all put away in its rightful place for now.

Well, I'm off to bed so I can be well rested for those little girls tomorrow.

Have a great week.

Erica





No comments: