Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Less Is More Challenge no. 445



Today, it finally rained for five entire minutes. Our drought continues and fires loom in many parts of the state. I am praying.

So to ease the strain, a bit, here is my card for Less Is More. I haven't been participating for quite some time, but it's a favorite challenge of mine and I'm certain for many of you who want to try your hand at enjoying white space on a card. 

I just happened to have this tiny book diecut laying on my desk. It's been around for months and was cut using my very old Scan 'N Cut. I thought coloring the books blue with a touch of yellow and the interesting die from AliExpress would work. For the sentiment, I used a stencil called Mantras, from Dina Wakely. When we read, we seek and more often than not, find wonders. I love to read and wish I did more. Alas, the world wide web and, of course, creating cards, gets in the way. Hope you enjoy my card, or better still, a good book.

Blessings 

Erica

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card .....l hope there’s more rain soon must be heartbreaking with the fires burning xx

Lynne said...

I love the small mandala diecut and the books look wonderful with it. A great way to use our colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.