Saturday, March 14, 2020

So Much For My New Years' Resolution & SCT Challenge no. 158, Shaped Card

Hi Friends,

It would seem that those of you who, read this, as I write,  are in for a ride of our lifetimes. Having never had to experience smallpox, polio and the dreaded black plague, this is new...to say the least.

I find hanging out in my craft room, which I highly recommend to those above 65 years on earth is the one sure way I have to assuage my anguish. I have suffered with mild anxiety for years, so it's heightened for sure.

I do retrieve three 12 yr. old grands after school and keep them until their parents come to my house to get them. That's going to be a health challenge. What a bummer, since they've finally learned to get along fairly well and leave grandma to her own devices. Well, school is officially closed until April 3rd, after which our community will be given further instructions. Sadly, that leaves me quite exposed to the virus. My efforts to avoid crowds may be for naught and I am, frankly, having to think about the reality of ceasing my earthly life.

I don't think I'm being a pessimist. Quite the opposite in fact, a realist. I am taking stock of my life. I am making certain all my paperwork is in order. I had already given explicit instructions on several other issues that arise only after death. There will be one or two minor loose ends. My progeny can handle it. They're in their 40s.

Well, enough of feeling a bit frightened and sorry for myself, having been assured a few months ago by my primary care doctor, that I could realistically look at living to 85.   Another 15 yrs., in my right mind, of course, is something to look forward to. Yet, my reality means different things to me now. And so, when my youngest daughter hugged me with all her might and told me what a great mother and example I had been to her, I stood very still and when we tearfully broke apart, there was a sense that the moment was pivotal in our lives.

So, this stair-step card takes me back to my childhood. Does anyone eat corn flakes anymore? The sentiment is a good one for the times we live in. Whatever gets you through this eventful chapter in our lives...DO IT!



The SCT challenge is here. We're a monthly challenge.  Come join us and have some fun.

Blessings,
Erica


2 comments:

mah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JoyceJ. said...

Hi Erica,

It WILL be okay, and the cornflakes always helps! You are an inspiration, my friend. Keep the faith!

Peace and blessings to you and yours.
Joyce